An inflatable boat fishing or cruising in the ocean can be varied in shape, style or materials used within the construction. Some people may go for the kayak, but for the ocean or multiple passengers, a top-rated inflatable boat is more appropriate.
To enjoy fun, fishing, relaxing, or rowing on the lake then the inflatable boat is a good option for you.
To find the best inflatable boat isn’t extremely easy. Because there are many boats available in the market, some boats are good and some not so good. So, how to pick a good inflatable boat for you?
Yeah, it’s too hard to choose the best inflatable boat, but after many researched we are discussed here about top 10 inflatable boats. Let’s start-
Do you know, what is the best inflatable boat for you? Don’t know what to buy? No, problem!
In this article, today we are going to write about inflatable boat reviews. We are here to help you find the best inflatable boat. After completely read this article, I hope you will get all your answers.
How to choose an inflatable boat?
There are some things you should be kept in mind that-
Inflatable boat selection should be based on several important considerations:
- How much money can you spend?
- How to launch the boat in the water?
- How many people will be on it?
- Where to keep the boat while not in use?
- What outboard motor to use?
If you have these answers, then you can go forward to buy an inflatable boat otherwise read our buying guide “How to choose an inflatable boat?”
Our Top 10 list. clicking the below will take you to Amazon and view the latest price and read the customer reviews.
- Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat Set Review
- Newport Vessels 8ft 10inch Dana Inflatable Sports Tender Dinghy Boat
- Newport Vessels 10ft 6inch Newport Inflatable Sports Tender Dinghy Boat
- Colorado XT Inflatable Pontoon Boat by Classic Accessories Review
- Colorado XTS Inflatable Pontoon Boat by Classic Accessories Review
- Intex Explorer 300, 3-Person Inflatable Boat Review
- BRIS 9.8 ft Inflatable Boat Inflatable Dinghy Boat
- Intex Excursion 5 Inflatable Boat Set Review
- Intex Seahawk 4 Inflatable Boat Set Review
- Dolphin 8.8′ – Model 270 – Air Deck Floor Premium Dinghy
Ultimately, this article will help you to find the best inflatable boat for you.
Top 10 Best Inflatable Boat Reviews for 2018
1. Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat Set Review (Latest Model)
If you’re looking for the best inflatable boat that has supreme strength and durability then the Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat is perfect for you.
The Intex Mariner 4 boat set has all the features you would expect for an upper market model, but with a much lower price tag.
The Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat is better for adults who want to enjoy a fun summer of boating, fishing on a lake, floating down a river, or exploring the ocean. This boat is 129 inches long, 57 inches wide and 19 inches high. The total weight capacity of this boat is 880 lbs (400 kg) which means this boat can hold up to four 220-pound persons. For more comfortable seating, we recommend a team of two adults and two kids or two pets.
This high-quality boat built with Super Tough PVC that is well-known for its performance and durability. Three separate layers included in this material. For extra reinforcement, two outer layers of heavy-gauge PVC laminated to an inner layer of polyester mesh. It is pretty strong and able to operate well in a variety of waters.
The Intex Mariner 4 is highly preventive to damage from impact, abrasion, and sunlight for the strong molecular structure of this plastic.
The boat has 4 Boston valves on main hull chamber for quick-fills and fast-deflations. If you want quick-fills and fast-deflations the boat, there are two Boston valves on main hull chamber. You can inflate or deflate this boat easily. After deflates the boat you can transport it anywhere without any problem. It can easily suitable into the trunk of your vehicle.
There are a gear pouch and two built-in fishing rod holders that will make you comfortable fishing and relaxing.
In this Intex Mariner 4 boat set, you will also get a carry bag to carry the boat. There are a battery pouch and a small gear pouch for storing valuables if you want to attach a trolling motor in the future. If you want to add an electric motor in this inflatable boat, then you can do this too. You will need the Intex Motor Mount to do this.
The Intex Mariner 4 still has plenty of room for gear, cooler, etc.
- It is very durable and affordable
- Nice features
- Good versatility
- Extremely portable
- Easy inflation and setup
- All accessories included
- Warranty duration is only 30 days
Overall, the Intex Mariner 4 is an excellent stable inflatable boat for the price.
2. Newport Vessels 8ft 10inch Dana Inflatable Sports Tender Dinghy Boat Review
The Newport Vessels 8ft 10inch Dana is among the best performing inflatable sports boats. It seems well made and really nice looking. It designed with three independent air tubes, plus an inflatable keel, made from the highest quality 1100D PVC fabric accessible, German engineered tiles, and a marine wood floor; it’s no wonder the Dana is among the best selling and highest rated tenders available on the market.
The Newport Vessels 8ft 10inch Dana model inflatable sports tender is the ideal mix between portability and performance. Whatever you use an electric pump or foot pump for inflating it there is no matter, but it inflates too quickly that is a surprising matter.
The massive 18-inch tubes make this Newport Vessels Dana Inflatable Sports Tender Dinghy Boat one of the most durable inflatable tender boats on the market; both during times of high speed and while floating still. The wide footprint of this Dana makes for a solid foundation for easily boarding the boat as well as loading the boat. This same rock-solid foundation makes for a shallow center of gravity and stable ride platform during times of high speed and turning.
The Newport Vessels 8ft 10inch Dana sports boat performs up to a 9.9hp outboard motor and carries up to three peoples. It can be capable of 20+ mph with performance handling unseen in other sports boats.
When you want to back home, deflate and pack back the boat into its carrying bag, toss it and push. When collapsed for storage the Newport Vessels 8ft 10inch Dana is a boat. It includes a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
If you want to use any type of motor with this inflatable boat, you will need to register it with the state.
- Easy to set up;
- Includes a carrying case;
- Heavy duty and good-looking;
- 30-day guarantee and a two-year warranty;
- It may have a difficult time planning with small motors;
3. Newport Vessels 10ft 6inch Newport Inflatable Sports Tender Dinghy Boat Review
The Newport Vessels 10ft 6inch Newport is the ultimate boat for versatile users and it is among the best performing inflatable sports boats. It seems well made and really nice looking. It designed with three independent air tubes, plus an inflatable keel, made from the highest quality materials with triple layered 1100 denier Korean PVC that is one of the thickest materials out there.
The Newport Vessels 10ft 6inch Newport model inflatable sports tender is the ideal mix between portability and size. It has extra large 18-inch tubes that make it very stable and comfortable ride at speeds of up to 20 mph. It allows your ride to be smooth and steady. It is one of the most durable inflatable tender boats on the market.
The aluminum framed and wood flooring system makes the Newport dinghy steady while moving across the water or just floating around. The wide footprint of this Newport makes for a solid foundation for easily boarding the boat as well as loading the boat. This same rock-solid foundation makes for a shallow center of gravity and stable ride platform during times of high speed and turning.
The Newport Vessels 10ft 6inch Newport sports boat performs up to a 15hp outboard motor and carries up to four peoples. This boat can handle both 2 / 4 stroke motors. It can be capable of 15 to 20 mph with this setup or a 9.9 hp motor that will still give you a smooth trip. It can function great as a simple tender with any smaller motor and even an electric trolling motor.
Whatever you use an electric pump or foot pump for inflating it there is no matter, but it inflates too quickly that is a surprising matter.
When you want to back home, deflate and pack back the boat into its carry bag, toss it and push. When collapsed for storage the Newport Vessels 10ft 6inch Dana is a boat. It includes a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
If you want to use any type of motor with this inflatable boat, you will need to register it with the state.
- Very sturdy and stable
- Well made and Great Materials
- Easy to transport
- Included a carrying & storage bag
- No cons
The Newport Vessels 10ft 6inch Newport is a great boat for the money.
4. Colorado XT Inflatable Pontoon Boat by Classic Accessories Review
When it occurs to an inflatable pontoon boat, you require to proceed surely that you can customize it in a lot of various steps to make it you are personal. Among Classic Accessories Colorado XT inflatable pontoon boat, there is maintaining to be everything you can customize including a lot of loose things and plenty of other significant stories that you’re working to hold.
From the affordable value to the security method and the iron pipe frame, you’ll have no difficulty understanding everything there is to choose.
- pontoons – 9 foot
- capacity 400 lb
- United size: 108″l 56″w 26″h
- Weight: 68 lbs
- 2-year warranty
- River rating-Class 1
- Two position motor mount
- Bronze oar-locks
- Rugged two-piece 7-foot aluminum oars.
- Removable stripping case for side or over-the-lap mounting
- Cold and heat-resistant bladders
- Front boat retention cord
- Removable side pockets give customizable storage, including 20 pockets and two insulated drink holders.
- Wire rear storage and battery program
- Sturdy two-point motor mount for trolling.
- Front boat retention cord
- Padded fold-down plastic seat
The Colorado XT with Classic Accessories is a 9 foot pontoon boat that becomes a 400 lb capacity, adjustable storage benefits, a combined carrier wheel that aids in removing the Colorado XT to the water and stows if you are fishing, and detachable gear bags that give customizable storage including two insulated drink bags and 20 pockets.
The Colorado XT’s permanent structure features brass oar locks, heavy-duty pontoons with abrasion-resistant covered PVC bottoms and tough nylon tops, cold and heat-resistant HD vinyl bladders, a robust powder-coated iron pipe frame, and 7 foot. Two-Piece aluminum oars.
The Colorado XT’s many features also add a two-point weatherproof motor mount, cable rear storage and battery stage, free stripping box for surface or lap mounting, two detachable foam fly pieces, a flexible rod holder, completely soft expensive cushioned seat, and a first boat holding cord.
The original anchor method involves a fillable mesh bag, and a support and pulley arrangement can route the anchor on each side of the boat. This boat is available for your next experience on the river, lake, or pond including a Class 1 river rating.
The Colorado XT meets the stringent protection measures of the ABYC, and also adds protection characteristics such as a unique ride for enhanced visibility, sequence fill/quick deflation valves, tow rings, non-slip footrests, and a different dual-side stripping cover with a fish manager that allows smooth entry and exit out unclipping.
- ABYC standards
- Safety labeling as per
- Rides high for improved visibility
- Non-slip footrests
- Removable stripping basket
- Removable gear bags give the customizable area
- Anchor system including mesh bad
- Seat mount and footrests are flexible
- Rod holder can go to six separate areas
- Iron pipe frame
- Bladders leak far too quickly
- Rather expensive
5. Colorado XTS Inflatable Pontoon Boat by Classic Accessories Review
The Colorado XTS Inflatable Pontoon Boat isn’t designed for intense rapids, but it will likely meet the needs of most anglers who intend to fish still water, calm lakes, and rivers.
To create a portable gear bag it has removable side pockets combine. It has a transport wheel that allows you to easily access to your favorite fishing spot. It has huge storage capacity. It includes 20 pockets and two insulated drink holders. Two position motor mount but it hasn’t included any motor. So, you need to buy an extra motor also.
It has included some advantage features too. It has heavy-duty 9’ pontoons with abrasion-resistant PVC bottoms and rugged nylon tops for durability and a quality experience.
The Colorado XTS Inflatable Pontoon Boat comes only in blue. It included a gear bag that is removable side pockets combine.
- 9′ pontoons
- Product Weight: 80lbs
- 2 7′ 2-piece aluminum oars
- 56″ Width
- 108″ Long
- 28″ Height (to top of seat)
- It is durable
- And better for fishing
- Huge storage capacity
- No cons
6. Intex Excursion 5 Inflatable Boat Set Review
Always required to take an inflatable boat for stretching out with buddies? If you are looking for a lot of fun, cruising, fishing, and crabbing in the summer season? Trust me! It will be best for you.
Intex Excursion 5 is a beautiful inflatable boat which allows five people to sit in it. You can get this inflatable boat at a proper amount tag. In this review, I am going to review Intex Excursion 5 Inflatable Boat.
The Intex Excursion 5 is initiated to be pleasant and flexible and comes with any beneficial features. It becomes two inflatable seats classic for a relaxing day out. There’s more an inflatable floor attached for more support, and this more adds to the Excursion 5’s rigidity.
If you like choices, the Intex Excursion 5 appears with pole clasps and attachments to attach a trolling engine.
The Intex Excursion 5 has three air cells, including an extra place in the frame to get confident that one hole isn’t working to lower the boat.
A set of the few items of the Intex Excursion 5 show the force Intex put into getting the boat both pleasant and comfortable to use. This is plain to see by watching at the specs, features, and added accessories.
It works great and is easy to inflate, maneuver, deflate and store. Its weighs about 58 pounds, and the maximum weight capacity is 1000 pounds. The Intex Excursion 5 Inflatable Boat is comfortable to carry 3-4 persons. It is easy to carrying and you can transport it without any problem.
You can also use it on salty water! But I don’t recommend it. If you want to use on salty water, you need to keep in mind that after using the boat you need to clean the boat very well.
- Dimensions 24 x 12 x 22 inches.
- Product Weight 53 pounds.
- Shipping Weight 53 pounds.
- 3 Air cases including extra air.
- Chamber in the frame for more resilience.
- All-around grip position.
- 1 Gear container
- Two spacious inflatable seats including backrest.
- Two spearing stick handles.
- Motor mount fixtures
- Grasp handles
- Five-person Capacity
- Fixed oar grips
Intex 5 Inflatable boat is simple to set up. It practices Boston plug on the two central frame cases for simple and fast inflates and contract. This set holds a pair of 54” French poles and an Intext Double-Quick Hand Air Pump. If you do these, you pleasure be handy to set up the Intex Inflatable boat very fast and efficiently.
There are grip lines to have enough confidence for better security. The element is strong enough to endure regular water. If there are little pinholes or leaks, you can do the involved replacement tools to fix them.
- Very large and spacious;
- Comfortable floor and seats
- Five people can drive this inflatable boat
- Grasp handles to move quickly
- The inflatable floor is soft and strong
- Easy to modify to your own needs
- It has the option to mount a motor
- Tremendous value for the price
- Capacious design to enable the user to run smoothly
- Warranty duration is only 30 days;
- Not as durable as more expensive boats;
7. BRIS 9.8 ft Inflatable Boat Inflatable Dinghy Boat Yacht Tender Fishing Raft Review
BRIS 9.8 ft Inflatable Boat Inflatable Dinghy Boat Yacht Tender Fishing Raft is a Great product. Please Operates as it should.
If you have been watching for a standard paddle boat articles, this BRIS 9.8 ft Inflatable Boat Inflatable Dinghy Boat Yacht Tender Fishing Raft is the most significant most sensible cost you can buy. Many excellent reviews are already showing the character of this product. This product performs the most beautiful design pieces. The most sold goods are not high, and it is very pleasing, and if you require to buy it now, you should not desire this moment because these goods are the price measure importance.
- BRIS Brand
- Overall length: 9.8ft
- Inside length: 6.3ft
- Tuber diameter: 16.5inch
- Inside width : 26 inches
- Max person: 4 adults
- Aluminum floor
- Material – 0.9mm PVC
- Shipping Weight:122 pounds
The BSA300 BRIS inflatable boat is given by way of 1100 Denier 0.9mm PVC fabric with aluminum Flooring board and marine plywood transom. This method has what you need to should whether either not you’re seeking for a pleasant sized dinghy or a conveyable boat for all of the set of families to celebrate in.
The advanced aluminum flooring board way and inflatable keel get certain that best show also robustness that you’ll be ready to depend on. This boat may also be practiced as a lifesaving raft in fact of the urgency. It is suitable for fishing and camping.
- Central tube and bottom ground fabric: 1100 denier 0.9mm PVC
- Level type: 12.5mm thickness aluminum ground and aquatic plywood transom for outboard engine
- Three different cases, aluminum side joiners with rubber points
- Deep V-keel including rub-strake protection, Built-in oarlock for smooth rowing
- package added: inflatable boat, aluminum floor, seat, oars, foot pump, carry bag and replacement tools.
- The hard aluminum floorboard method.
- Best for fishing, camping or family holiday.
- The most sold goods are not high
- It has the inflatable boat, aluminum floor, seat, oars, foot pump, carry bag and replacement tools.
- All BRIS inflatable boats come with two years warranty next manufacturer’s injuries.
- Excellent for river floating and pool trolling.
- Inflatable keel assures excellent performance and robustness that you can rely on.
- No cons.
8. Intex Explorer 300, 3-Person Inflatable Boat Review
The Intex Explorer 300 Boat Set is an excellent beginner boat for families! Designed for up to 3 people, this thick inflatable boat makes decreasing or traveling along in the pool a family event. Appreciate the view from your local ponds and rivers on the Intex Explorer 300 Inflatable Boat! The Explorer 300 is simple to match your car, next inflate when you reach your goal using the added high making pump. This set combines two 48” French oars to get you excited. The Explorer 300 features two air cases, welded-on oar locks and a grip string on the bow. Throw it in the pool on a slow season afternoon!
- Holds high output pump to inflate the boat
- Versatile capability – The boat is excellent for fishing, relaxing or traveling on a family adventure.
- 3-person inflatable boat set intended for ponds or quiet waters
- Grab rope on the bow
- 2 air chambers with dual valves for safety
- Product Dimensions – 18.9 x 11.9 x 6 inches. – 10.01 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 10.2 pounds
- Product model number: 58332EP
- Intex Brand
- This product was very durable for drifting down the river.
- The boat is excellent for fishing, relaxing or traveling on a family adventure
- Great size for a couple of kids to play in. Looks to be well constructed.
- This item is like a toy. It is for kids.
9. Intex Seahawk 4 Inflatable Boat Set Review
The Intex Seahawk 4 Inflatable Boat is perfect for adults to enjoy a fun summer of boating. Usually, it can take a load of 4 adult persons. It is a fabulous system to use a day moving the water. Notice the Intex Double Quick Hand Pump to inflate the boat in half the time because it serves on the up and down blow.
It’s compact, so carry it by you anywhere you run. Wait comfortably among the inflatable seats on each point of the boat. The center provides you with a lot of time to reach out and put essential gear. For new starters, they include two lightweight 48″ aluminum oars which are buoyant.
If you are pulling the oars, the combined on oar grips help hold your oars, and the chafing pads hold your arms guarded as you row. Don’t worry though you can get it with the repair bit. Once you’re finished for the day, you can pull the boat out doing the grab handle on the head or all-around grab wire.
Relaxing, whether rowing or fishing on the lake, this vessel is excellent for making your boating experience enjoyable and exciting. It designed with heavy responsibility, puncture-resistant PVC for comfort and durability, and an inflatable I-beam floor for rigidity, the vessel includes three air chambers including an auxiliary room inside the hull for additional safety. There are a gear pouch and two built-in fishing rod holders that will make you comfortable fishing and relaxing.
Intex Seahawk 4 is best changed for needy households. Two parents including two little kids give some room for a higher. This is a classic small note level boat to take your children out on the water and traveling nature. Just learn that kids must ever use life jackets to secure protection on the water.
A fisher or a combination of anglers could comfortably apply in the Seahawk 4 with all of their gear. The two-rod handles are a beautiful piece for fishing fans. If you need to customize your boat a little, then be warned though, that working a day in this boat with four adult men would be low pressure.
This boat would be an attractive way to include your people to the celebration of river rafting, although you may want to spend in a robust set of oars for extra difficult paddling.
Lastly, the Intex Seahawk 4 Inflatable boat comes complete with a few accessories. It is perfect for starters because you won’t become stranded if them drops overboard. It consists of a little gear pouch that’s good for cell phones, wallets and any other things which you don’t need to leave vulnerable. It also comes with a fix patch.
- Product Dimensions – 4 x 7.9 x 11.8 inches
- Product Weight – 5 pounds
- Shipping Weight – 7 pounds
- Item model number – 68351EP
- Manufacturer – Intex
- Oars – Added 48″ aluminum oars that give for secure storage.
- Vinyl – 30 gauge
- Two Boston valves on central hull cases start inflating and decreasing the boat quickly
- Motor Mount Kit
- Oar Locks and oar handles
- Gear pouch
- Super affordable
- Very simple to setup
- Very comfort and durability
- Easy to collect
- Separate air cases for protection
- An excellent package of associates
- Great boat for the price
- No backrests on support
- Difficult to stand up on the smooth grounds
- The warranty term is only 30 days
10. Dolphin 8.8′ – Model 270 – Air Deck Floor Premium Dinghy Inflatable Sports Boats Review
We know that is universally used in fresh and saltwater environments in many ways around the world. Also, it used for rough ocean water and emergency situations, tendering groups of people and fishing and also used recreationally or even on a calm pond behind your house. And then it is very nice to know you can permanently rely on the quality and durability, of your inflatable sports boat.
- The dolphin 8.8’ 270 model is the sleek white contoured design.
- It has a 3-year manufacturer warranty.
- And it is has been USCG registered and approved.
- It’s designed in California and U.S.A base company.
- It’s a Drop stitch high-pressure air deck floor and Thick PVC designed to hold 8 PSI, gets rock hard providing a stable boat floor.
- It’s the thick 9 mm, 1100 denier, and reinforced PVC material is UV, oil stain, and puncture restraint.
- Its domination and model: SB- 720A- Dolphin 8.8″ Air floor.
- And length: 8 fit, 8 inches.
- Tube diameter: 16 inches.
- Inflated width: 5 fit.
- Max power: 10HP.
- Max load: 1070 ibs.
- And the boat is deflated in the bag for storage: 60 ibs and 42 × 24 × 10 inches. It has aluminum accessories: 2 Oars and 6 ibs and one bench seat – 6 ibs.
- Product ships complete includes: removable seat cushion, bag and 1 aluminum bench seats, 2 aluminum oars with lock-in holders and also carry storage bag, and foot pump, and repair kit.
- At the “Easy Planning” extended rear pontoons and transom area allows for more maximum weight and larger motors with balanced durability.
- It is durable.
- It has 3 years manufacturer warranty.
- It’s nothing regarding this vessel that you would dislike.
How to pump an Inflatable boat?
There are three types of pump available you can use for Inflate the boat-
- Hand pump;
- Foot pump;
- Electric pump;
You can use a hand pump to inflate the boat, if you want to warm yourself up before going into the water with your boat. These work surprises but will work up the sweat. They are also not that great for bad backs people.
If you suffer from a bad back, then use a foot pump. It takes slightly longer but isn’t as exhausting as hand pumps.
Do you want to save yourself from any physical energy? Then go for an electric pump, and inflate it in seconds. We advice topping off your boat with a foot pump or hand pump, as some electric pumps will be able to inflate it all the way.
The Final Thought
After read these reviews, if you fall in confusion then you should think that, “why you are planning to buy an inflatable boat?”
If you got this question answer then it’s not so difficult to choose an inflatable boat for you. In this review article, we added the top 10 best inflatable boat that will never disappoint you.
Do you have an inflatable boat that has satisfied your demands and kept you smiling while using? Or perhaps you have unfortunately purchased a boat that did not live up to your expectations.
We would like to listen about your experiences with both ends of the spectrum below. Tell us the model of the inflatable boat you selected, how it has worked out for you and what some of your favorite and least favorite words about the boat have been.