What’s up, everybody? Hope you are all well. Today we will provide you with the Index Excursion 5 review.
Intex excursion 5 is currently available in the market, unlike many other inflatable boats.
Let’s get to know everything you want to know about this fabulous boat. Before making your purchase, it’s a good idea to read our reviews because it lets you understand if this is the right boat for your needs.
It is the Intex Excursion 5 Boat Set that gets you out there exploring and rowing. For expeditions, Excursion 5 is ready. For those three to five adventurists who love spending time on the water fishing, paddling, or floating down the river – it’s a great boat.
Intex Excursion 5 Review 2023
This boat is designed with puncture-resistant PVC vinyl, heavy-duty, this boat is strong & made to get through every single excursion you might choose to go on. With an inflatable I-beam floor its durability and comfort are superior, with backrests there are two inflatable seats, and there is a comfortable middle seat. Intex Excursion 5 fishing boat is obviously designed to be used to catch fish.
The boat features a Boston valve, three air chambers, four built-in fishing rod holders, motor mount fittings, an all-around grab line, and a gear pouch. The set contains 2, 54-inch aluminum oars, welded on locks and oar holders, and for easy inflation and deflation, there is a high-output pump. Intex excursion 5 canopy is a really nice addition. The Intex inflatable boat is a fantastic additional to this inflatable boat world.
If the lake is one of your happy places and you’d rather be boating, get out there with friends on the Intex Excursion 5 Boat Set. The Intex 5 is really a great boat for the money in our opinion. And we have reviewed lots of boats!
- Related: Intex Excursion 4 Review
- Related: Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat Review
Read enough? Buy the Intex 5 now
Intex Excursion 5 Specification:
- There are three air chambers besides extra buoyancy there is also an auxiliary air chamber in the hull.
- On two main hull chambers for quick-fill & fast-deflate, there is a Boston valve.
- For comfort and rigidity, there is an Inflatable I-Beam floor.
- This boat has two welded oar locks on each side.
- There is a Motor Mount Fitting.
- This boat also has a Hi-Output Manual Hand Pump.
- There is a 54-inch deluxe aluminum oar.
- The dimension of the Item of the ship is 144.09 long x 66.14 wide in inches.
- For quick-fill & fast-deflate there is a Boston valve on two main hull chambers. You must remember that you should not inflate this inflatable boat in 30 minutes after patching.
- There are three air chambers including an auxiliary air chamber in the hull for extra buoyancy.
- For quick-fill & fast-deflate there is the presence of Boston valve on two main hull chambers.
- You will find all around grab line.
- For comfort and rigidity, there is an Inflatable I-Beam floor.
- On each side, this boat has two welded oar locks.
Overview of this Boat:
This is The Intex Excursion 5 boat which is an entry-level, five-person inflatable boat that is perfect for a fun day on the water. A heavy-duty, durable PVC vinyl is used to make this boat, and you will find it very easy to inflate and set up.
Whenever we heard the phrase “inflatable boat” this often brings to mind something flimsy, but in reality, you will experience that the Intex Excursion 5 is much more than that. Intex has designed this excursion 5 boats to be very easy to store and inflate, and plenty of features have been added by Intex to combine the comfort, functionality, and fun of the boat.
Intex understands water and fun. They have a history of more than forty years— starting with beach balls, and then spas, pools, inflatable boats, and pool toys. They’re highly committed to creating products that are super affordable and fun.
Additionally, on safety and sustainability, Intex has an intense focus. For the past ten years, they’ve worked hard so that they can lower the carbon footprint of their products, and they are also very active on a wide variety of committees so that they can set safety standards within the industry.
Intex set its safety standards very high, routinely testing its products so that it can make sure that they live upon the high standards set for them. Their commitment to quality and safety and history in the market makes the Excursion 5 a solid choice for anyone looking so you can have lots of fun on the water. The US Coast Guard also approves Intex Excursion 5.
Pros with Quick Summary :
- Setup: This boat by Intex is very easy to set up.
- Features: There are lots of features in these boats.
- Portable: This boat is Super portable.
- Value: This is a GREAT value boat!
- Accessories: This boat by Intex has got a Solid bundle of accessories.
- Affordable: Intex has made this boat extremely accessible.
- This boat has a warranty duration of only 30 days.
- This boat is not as durable as other more expensive boats.
Most Enjoyable Things:
The Intex Excursion 5 is built to be resilient and fun, and this boat by Intex comes with some very lovely configurations. It has two inflatable seats having cushions and backrests — this boat by Intex is a perfect boat for a relaxing day out. For your extra comfort, there’s also an inflatable floor added, and this adds to the Excursion 5’s rigidity as well.
The Excursion 5 contains three air chambers so that you can inflate it quickly with the hand pump; this boat has an auxiliary room in the hull so that it can make sure that one puncture is never going to sink your ship.
If you like options of this boat, the Intex Excursion 5 comes with fittings to mount a trolling motor and oar locks.
The effort Intex put into presenting the boat is pleasing in both ease of use and comfort. This is clear to see by looking at the features, specifications, and other included accessories.
Some of the Top Features:
- With backrests and cushions, there are two Inflatable Seats
- There are four built-in Fishing Rod Holders for you on each side
- For easy carrying, there is an all-around Grab-line
- On the bow, there is grab Handle
- Adding to the comfort and the rigidity of the boat there is the Inflatable Floor,
- You have options for motor Mount Fitting
- Onto the boat, there are oar Locks and oar Holders that are fixed
- To speed up the inflating and deflating processes, there are Boston Valves on the two main chambers.
The Excursion 5 Best for Who?:
Anyone who is looking for an easy-going, fun time on the water will surely enjoy Excursion 5. It’s straightforward to set up, and it only takes around 15 minutes to inflate, and you can get into the water.
There is the 1,000-pound max load capacity of this boat this Excursion 5 boat can support along with the four built-in fishing rod holders making this an excellent option for a fisherman who wants to get out to catch fish and spend the day on the water.
If your primary goal is relaxing, it’s probably a great idea to buy a small trolling motor for this boat. The built-in motor fitting will be perfect enough for those who hardly want to deal with rowing the Excursion 5.
This isn’t the boat for adrenaline junkies and speed freaks. The Intex Excursion 5 will only travel with the trolling motor at a leisurely speed of around 5mph. Are you looking for something which was perfectly designed for more long-term durability, then our recommendation would be Intex’s Mariner 4 inflatable boat.
However, the setting up process is straightforward and the relatively small size of this Excursion 5, when packed, makes it perfect for those who want a hassle-free & inexpensive way to spend some time on the water.
Do you want an inexpensive inflatable boat on which you can stow on your campervan or sailboat? If yes, then Excursion 5 will be an excellent choice for you.
Intex Excursion 5, the 5-Person Inflatable Boat Set with Aluminum Oars:
For a day on the lake this 5-Person Capacity Boat is perfect, whether you are camping, fishing, or only cruising! Compact and Light in weight, assembling this inflatable boat is a snap, and in no time this boat can be ready. Wherever you go this summer, you should have fun boating!
Why this is a great boat?
You are probably considering buying this boat if you are reading this. This will surely be an excellent choice for you, but before you make your purchase, you must understand that this is more than a $150 boat and it possesses some limitations.
First and foremost it’s not really safe for five people in rougher water. It is more suited for 3 adults to maybe two adults. A couple of kids and two adults would work well.
Second, this big boat is a bit tough to try to row. A trolling motor for this boat will be a good addition.
Third, if you put a trolling motor on any boat, including inflatables, it must be registered and you have to follow boating laws. (You shouldn’t have to register it if you don’t put a motor on it)
Fourth, it works exceptionally well on little to no current as this-this is an airboat.
Overall with this boat, you should be very pleased. The vinyl is thicker than an air mattress, and it seems to be very tough. The fishing pole holders may look a bit cheap. In spite of being very portable, this boat is heavy. Loading and unloading with two people is much more comfortable. Also for 1300 pounds, this boat is rated for people and equipment weight. You can have at least 800 pounds in your boat at all times, and it will float high and moves pretty well (5 mphish) having the trolling motor.
Alright, here are my suggestions if you are still reading…
- You need a trolling motor mounting kit
- Trolling motor will help you to move better in the water.
- To install the battery the Minn Kota power center battery box would be great. This box is outstanding & it is excellent, it will show you the battery life remaining, and this box has spots for the dc power so that you can quickly charge your phone and whatnot.
- It will be useful if you add a 29-series deep-cycle battery.
- Minn Kota portable battery charger will help you to ignite the power of your battery. You will like this charger since it has a protection system of overcharge and is very easy to use and lightweight.
- A set of 4 packs of life vests will be beneficial to you. You can buy orange cheapos because they work fine to be legal.
- An air horn will help you to alert your appearance to your surroundings.
- An anchor will be helpful. A 3 or 5 lbs anchor will be beautiful. Trust me you want an anchor when you are trying to stay still as the boat floats away effortlessly.
- You may require a fire extinguisher. This fire extinguisher is not required by law, but it will make you feel safer
- The Bow and the stearn indicate light (green/red for the bow and white for the back). You will find a set for your inflatables on, and they are AA battery-powered as well.
- An electric air pump will increase your comfort as well as it will save you time. You can buy a dc powered one so that at the lake you can use the truck to power the pump correctly and inflate the boat within a short time.
- Please manage an Industrial strength outdoor velcro. In the boat, Stuff may flop around. You will feel better when you will see that Velcro keeps stuff organized for you.
- To carry and store the boat the buying of a couple of large plastic bins would be my consideration.
- The Loctite: you may feel the need for a Loctite. There are bolts holding the motor mount and they seem to loosen over time. If you use some Loctite, it should easily sort that for you.
- For better lighting, at night you could buy led light strip lights for your boat. They can come in very handy.
- If you plan on landing at a dock, you should buy dock bumpers. You don’t want a puncture from sharp metal or timber edges.
Let’s Watch the Video Review :
Great day at the lake:
How does this boat hold up in the water, some of you might be thinking? This inflatable raft is fantastic you will have had many hours of enjoyment with this raft, and this boat has held steady in lake water. You can add an 86lb trolling motor and also a total of 2 small children and two adults and still this boat has sufficient room for all types of fishing gear and a cooler.
Conclusion: In this Intex Excursion 5 review, we have aimed to bring you every single detail of this Intex Excursion 5 boat. However, if you have any further queries related to our studies or regarding this product please contact us. We will try our level best to help you out with what you want to know. Thank you and happy boating!
1 thought on “Intex Excursion 5 Review & Buying guide [2023 Update]”
It is a great review and very good explanation now iam very clear that i should buy this kayak or not