You are planning for a camping trip with your family and friends. You don’t want to spoil your first experience. So prepare yourself fully. As you are going away from the comfort zone of your home for an adventure trip. You don’t want to end up in mess. So go through the following check list of top ten must take camping gears.
What is camping
Camping is simply an adventure. It is an adventure to what extent you want to experience it. It can be made tougher and tedious by not preparing for it all. On the contrary, you can submerge yourself in the nature and enjoy its wilderness by preparing for it fully. You can carry just a backpack and maybe go fully equipped in the four wheelers. Here we are enlisting what you will get from camping and what you should take to make it better.
What you get from camping is immense sense of achievement and adventure. Experiencing and experimenting new day and night routines. You get innumerable memories. Camping gives you a feeling of an old stone age life. Where you learn how Flintstones lived in their times.
Top ten camping gear
Tent or hammock
This is the basic thing that you need for your trip. Its choice depends upon your needs and individuals going. There is a large range of options available from simple two persons camping tents to fully equipped and advanced instant installation family cabins. Some of these cabins are coming with windows and zipped doors. They have options of having roofs with see through roofs for a sun bath in the morning and a starry sky at night.
- Instant 60 Second Setup; Sleeps 9 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height:78
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vent
- Features room divider and wall storage pockets keep items neat and off the tent floor
- Electrical cord access port (port is fully closable when not in use)
- Includes rain fly, tent stakes, and carry bag
First aid kit
Your first aid kit should have the following things in it. There should be different shapes and sizes of plasters, bandages, scissors, some sterile solutions and antiseptic products, sterile gauze pieces, sterile cleansing wipes, creams or sprays for relieving insects bites or stings, digital thermometers, disposable sterile gloves, distilled water for washing the wounds, some basic medicines for fever, cough, antibiotic, anti-allergic, skin rash cream or some for fighting tummy bugs i.e. metronidazole, omeprazole etc.
- ★ NEW & UPGRADED FOR 2020: 2-in-1 Premium First Aid Emergency Kit with 120 medical grade items.
- FULLY STOCKED: Organized interior compartments provides quick access. Rugged, sturdy, high density.
- INCLUDES MINI-FIRST AID KIT: Amazingly small, lightweight Mini Kit with additional 32 medical items.
- MULTIPURPOSE: Perfect for any occasion or events - family, home, workplace, emergencies, outdoors.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Swiss Safe Guarantees customer satisfaction or receive a 100% refund.
Put some tweezers and forceps too. Eye pads are also useful. If any person is going with you who has some known illness or is a chronic patient of some disease, they should keep all their required medicines in required amount and keep them in locked pockets away from children range.
It is very important. It has tools like pliers,screwdriver, screws, pocket knife, peelers, water purification filters and tablets.
- Exclusive 47 PCS Survival Kit - Uniquely customized by U.S military veterans, our survival kit includes 28pcs emergency survival gears, 16pcs medical supplies, 10pcs fishing tools and 4 in 1 Molle EMT pouch to suit all your needs. Includes folding knife, muols to better suit your needs. The all in one survival kit includes tactical folding knife, wire saw, pen, fire starter, compass, emergency blanket, folding pliers,flashlight, tactical defense whistle, saber card, bottle clip, carabiner, etc.
- Top Quality Survival Gears & Approved First Aid Kit - Includes the most popular survival necessities: military knife, saber card, tactical pen, 3-mode tactical flashlight, multi-function paracord bracelet and more practical survival gears. Approved comprehensive first aid supplies for emergency treatment, you can deal with wounds soon to prevent wound infections. Allowing to treat a single family or a group of friends under emergency case.
- Molle System Compatible - The EMT bag was made of military grade 1000D nylon which is durable, portable and water-resistant, its small size and large capacity, the size is 8” x 6.5” x 6”, it offers three large compartments and plenty of rooms to add your vital supplies gear. Durable MOLLE compatible straps with strong snaps allow you to attach this medical IFAK pouch to any MOLLE compatible gear or your belt which made it a perfect companion for any outdoor activities.
- Perfect for Any Emergency Situation - Ideal for tactical medics, military, police, firefighter, EMT, hunter, first responders, hikers, campers, outdoor enthusiasts and more! Perfect for car, boat, bike, motorcycle, home, workplace; travel, shooting, hunting, camping, hiking, fishing, boating, cycling, backpacking, climbing, mountain biking, outdoor sports, wilderness adventures, etc. Also suit for natural disasters survival emergency, such as earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, floods and fires.
- Our all-inclusive outdoor gear set is designed to help you deal with any kind of emergency and make your camping trips 100% fuss-free! We provide 24-Hour Easy-to-Reach Customer Service in order to ensure you a good shopping experience. What are you waiting for? Just get your survival kit now to prepare yourself for your next great adventure!
Food and drinks
You should keep some raw vegetables and fruits. Keep snacks, biscuits, pastas, some sauces, water cans, fresh juicer machine, jams and spreads etc.
Torches, flash lights, emergency lights, extra pair of batteries, emergency candles, match sticks, flint magnesium fire starters, oil for fuelling bonfire, coal canister etc.
Stove and griller
- Cooking power: Up to 20,000 total BTUs
- 2 adjustable burners: For precise temperature control
- Wind-blocking panels: Shield burners from wind
- Pressure regulator: Pressure-control technology for consistent performance, even in extreme conditions
- Runtime: Up to 1 hour on high on one 16.4 ounce propane cylinder (sold separately)
It can be a multipurpose stove. Such stoves can be electricity operated with batteries or some gas cylinders with a stove on top. You can also get some stoves with in-built griller in them. You should take some essential utensils such as mugs, plates, cutlery, pans, coffee maker, etc.
- Brand New And High Quality. Constructed of sturdy iron with high temperature paint treatment to support long-time use. Build-in thermometer with detailed temperature scale for convenient observation. Ideal for outdoor events like party, bonfires, family barbecues or camping.
- 3 in 1 design to use as a fire pit, a charcoal BBQ grill or a smoker. Different cooking ways for steaming, baking, roasting, grilling, braising. Bottom feet with triangular structure to ensure good stability.
- Spacious chrome plated cooking grid to hold large cuts of meat, pizza, etc. Adjustable air outlet makes cooking easier to control.
- Porcelain-enameled water pan helps infuse smoky flavor into your meat. 2 access doors to check interior conditions and add wood.
- Handle for easy transportation. Disassemble into 3 parts to store easily, taking with little space. 3 hooks for hanging large turkeys, chickens and other food.
- Can maintain an interior temperature of 0 degrees for true in-vehicle refrigeration and freezing
- Holds up to 72 12-ounce cans, and can also accommodate a two-liter bottle of cola. Two piece injection molded lid, UV stable
- Continues to actively cool contents while the vehicle is off, and features an adjustable automatic battery protection system that prevents vehicle battery run-down
- Includes two power cables: the DC power cable connects to your vehicle's 12/24-volt DC power outlet, and the AC power cable plugs into a standard household AC power outlet.Cooling capacity:50 degree F to 0 degree F
- Exterior Footprint: 27.75"L x 14.96"W x 20"H -- Main Compartment: 13.27"D x 11.22"W x 15.79"H -- Dairy Compartment: 5.95"D x 11.22"W x 8.11"H
You can get a number of portable camping fridge, freezers and coolers from the market. They are usually working on low power batteries. They can keep things cool in scorching heat. They will serve you cool juices when you get back to camp after a long tedious hiking.
You can get parachute sleeping bags with or without stuffing, pillows, neck pillows and foldable blankets.
- Personal gear
- Garments for camping
You should pack some safari pants with lots of pockets. These pockets come in handy when you want to go out hiking with your hands free. Pack some casual shirts, socks and sneakers. You may keep an extra pair of shoes in case one pair gets torn,dirty or wet on the rough tracks.
Girls can pack in some extra essentials like hair catchers, light makeup kits, hair brushes etc.
- 【Upgrade Version Sleeping Bag Hammock】This 4 season ultra light Mummy sleeping bag compatible 450 Fill Power Down, filled sleeping bag integrates with any hammock to serve as both an hammock underquilt and a top quilt . Also good used as a ground sleep bag while tent camping for winter backpacking travel
- 【Premium Quality & Comfortable】Geertop sleeping bag hammock features of 380T nylon water-resistant shell fabric and Hydrophobic 450FP duck down, the microscopic air clusters found in down feathers creates "loft" that traps heat and keeps you warm; Limited temperature is from 23℉ to 50℉/-5-10℃
- 【Ultralight and Portable Camp Gear】Each hammock sleeping bag is equipped with a compression storage bag and weighs only 2.95 lbs, space-saving and portable; Good for all season backpacking camping hiking travel , easy to carry where you go
- 【Windproof & Extra Warmth】This sleeping bag designs with a wind protection, it can be tightened to prevent wind from entering from the neck, keep warmer for you effectively; Also with a cellphone storage bag inside, allowing you keep warm while playing the cellphone
- 【Large Space for 1 - 2 Person】This hammock underquilt size is about 87 x 33 x 23 inches; This oversized design is perfect for those looking for more space to move, combining the benefits of a rectangular bag with those of a mummy bag, good choice camping gear for outdoor
You need to keep some supplies for cleaning purposes too. Don’t forget your tooth brush and paste. You can keep napkins, towels, tissue rolls, wipes, a cleaning brush and a bin for putting away the garbage and waste. Wherever you are camping, make sure that while you stay there and when you pack up. Don’t leave any waste behind. Clean the place. Keep the environment eco friendly.
Small plant pots or seeds
Though it may sound out of the box but how wonderful it would be if we plant two plants per person each time we go out for camping. Not only will it keep your camping site eco friendly. It will also help to give shade and fruits to your grand children.
Your hiking backpacks should have few snacks, water bottle, first aid essentials, camera and a stick. A stick or can with torch help a lot in assessing the dampened areas, any swamps etc.
Smart gadgets and power banks
They include your smart phones, smart watches, portable Wi-Fi, and a navigation system. All these should be used for minimum time. But you cannot hold them back completely as you have to stay connected to the outer world.
So don’t forget to take your fully charged power banks with you. You may take a portable music system with you for dreading the animals away. Or maybe inviting them to your bonfire dance party. Who knows!
Mosquito repellent, insect-killing sprays and sunblock
You have to be very vigilant in applying a good mosquito repellent. As a good repellent helps in moving away some harmful insects besides the mosquito. You can spray some insect killer spray for better safety.
You should use good sun screen lotions in the morning. As though some of sunlight exposure is good for providing the vitamin D ,but prolonged skin exposure to ultraviolet light can result in some damage or serious harm. This can also leave your skin sun tan. So better to apply sun block than the whitening lotions for couple of months. Use sun glasses too.
You can enjoy your camping trip if you prepare yourself according to the above check list. Camping is fun, adventure and a great learning experience. Try to stay away from gadgets and near to nature on your camping tour. Don’t forget to keep your surroundings clean and plant two plants each.